Makes about 2 cups
**(This recipe goes with Roasted Polenta with Mushrooms)
- 2 cups Traditional Style Balsamic Condimento
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 8 cups roasted chicken stock or low-salt, canned chicken broth
- (if using canned broth, do not salt any part of the recipe until final adjustment)
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 peppercorns
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring vinegar and shallot to a boil over high heat in a large, heavy saucepan. Boil until reduced to a syrup consistency. Add stock, bay leaves, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil again and continue to cook until reduced to about 2 cups or less. The consistency should be very thick, not quite returned to a syrup but bordering it. Let cool slightly, then strain through a fine sieve.
- At this point the sauce is ready to be used in the Roasted Polenta with Mushrooms and Balsamic Sauce. You can also cover, refrigerate or freeze for later use.