- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 3 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tomatoes, whole
- 1 dried romesco pepper (or 1 dried hot chilli pepper)
- 2/3 cup Oli+Ve Robust EVOO
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place almonds, garlic, tomatoes and pepper on a baking tray and put in the oven for 10-15 minutes, removing the almonds when they are lightly browned and the tomatoes and garlic when they are soft.
- Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Peel the garlic.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, pepper and almonds in a blender and grind thoroughly.
- Add the vinegar and salt and then gradually blend in the oil, until the mixture thickens.
The sauce is used to accompany shellfish, fish, meat, poultry as well as stews.
Makes about 1 1/4 cups