Eton Mess (balsamic strawberries, meringue, cream and mint)
- 4 cups strawberries (hulled and chopped)
- 2 Tbsp fine granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp Espresso balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 meringues (crumbled)
- Mint springs (for garnish)
1. In a large bowl add the strawberries, sugar and espresso balsamic vinegar and leave to macerate.
2. Beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks appear. Fold in the crumbled meringues with about two thirds of the strawberry and balsamic mixture.
3. To serve fill 4 tall glass serving bowls with the strawberry meringue mixture. Top each glass with the remaining strawberry and balsamic mixture.
4. Garnish with a spring of fresh mint.
Adapted from Judith McLoughlin recipe