Fresh Fava Bean & Goat Cheese Pesto
· 3 pounds fresh Fava bean pods
· 2 large garlic clove, crushed
· 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
· 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
· 1/2 cup Favolosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 1/3 cup fresh goat cheese
· 1/4 cup really good quality Pecorino Romano
Have a medium bowl of ice water prepared. Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to boil. Shell the fava beans and add to the salted water. Blanch the fava beans for 2 minutes and then add to the bowl of ice water. Allow to cool. Slip the peel off each bean and place in to a food processor with all the other ingredients. Pulse until pureed and creamy. Adjust seasoning to taste and reserve. This pesto sauce can also be used over pasta, on bruschetta, or as a dip for veggies.
Thin Crust Favolosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pizza Dough
· 4 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
· 2 cups warm 110 degree spring or filtered water
· 1/3 cup Favolosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
· 1 tablespoon raw sugar
· 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
If using a bread machine follow the instructions for adding ingredients to the machine. If mixing in a mixer or by hand, combine the sugar and water and yeast in a large bowl or mixer bowl. Allow to sit for five minutes. Add the olive oil and salt. Begin mixing in the flour. It will be fairly wet but avoid the temptation to add more flour. Knead for approximately 3 minutes until the dough is relatively smooth and cohesive. Allow to rise for 1 hour covered in a warm place. Divide and shape or roll the dough in to two large thin crust pizzas or three medium thin crust pizzas.
(makes enough dough for 2 large or three medium thin crust pizzas)
Simple Arugula Salad with Gremolata Vinaigrette
· 5 cups baby arugula, washed and dried
· 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
· 1/3 cup Gremolata Olive Oil
· 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
· Fresh cracked pepper to taste
Just before the pizza is ready to be taken off the grill, combine the lemon juice with the sea salt. Whisk in the gremolata olive oil and season with pepper. Adjust seasoning and gently toss the arugula with the vinaigrette.
Grilled Thin Crust Pizza With Fava Bean Pesto & Arugula Salad With Gremolata Vinaigrette
· Prepared pizza dough above
· Fava Bean Pesto
· 1 pound fresh buffalo mozzarella fresca, thinly sliced
· Simple Arugula Salad with Gremolata Vinaigrette
Add approximately 1/3 cup of pesto to each medium pizza or 1/2 cup to each large pizza. Add a layer of mozzarella, season with a little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Grill or bake at a minimum of 500 degrees, preferably on a preheated pizza stone, or on a large, inverted, preheated cast iron skillet. Depending on how hot you can get your oven or grill, the cooking time will be anywhere between 5-10 minutes. You are looking for golden brown crust and bubbling cheese.
Remove from the oven and top with the prepared Simple Arugula Salad and serve immediately.
Courtesy of Rachel Bradley