Combine the following in a blender:
- Almond Milk (Can use regular milk or even water – almond milk is my preference)
- Chia or Flax Seed (Optional)
- Whey or Soy Protein – I use Body by Vi Sweet Cream flavor rather than Chocolate or Vanilla
- Frozen Fruit – Strawberries, Mango, Blueberries, Blackberries, Pineapple, Peaches, Raspberries, Bananas, Apples, Etc.
- Keifur Probiotic – Any Flavor (Greek Yogurt is another great option)
- Coconut Extract – Optional (This really gives it a tropical taste no matter what fruit you put in it)
- Oli & Ve Flavor Options (About a tablespoon for a 24 oz. smoothie) - Fig Balsamic, Red Apple Balsamic, Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil, Peach Balsamic(Any fruit flavor or something that would compliment fruit would work perfectly fine)
Blend together and enjoy! I try and mix up what I put in each of these to change up the flavors. Spinach and kale are good additions, as well as almond butter (sold at Oli & Ve) and event oatmeal! The options of what you can put in these are pretty much endless.
Contributed by: Caitlin Davidson