Fresh Arugula Pasta Dough
· 1/2 cup fresh baby arugula
· 1 tablespoon lemon juice
· 1-1/2 cup fine semolina flour
· 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 2 large eggs
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil
· Combine the arugula and tablespoon of lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process until it forms a fine green paste.
· Place all the dry ingredients in to the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine.
· Mix 1/4 cup of the arugula paste with the eggs and olive oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and pulse until the mixture begins to form a ball. Add a little water if dough is dry.
· Remove dough from the bowl, knead until smooth, form into a ball and let rest, covered for at least 1 hour.
· This dough can be rolled out by hand or to setting 6 on a pasta machine, and then cut in to any shape pasta.
· Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil.
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce
· 1 cup thinly sliced fresh shiitake and or baby portabella mushrooms
· 1 medium shallot, minced
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
· 1/2 cup white wine
· 1 cup heavy cream
· 1/2 cup Tellagio and or Fontina Cheese
· Salt & pepper to taste
· Heat the garlic oil in a large saute pan set over medium heat.
· Add minced shallots, and thinly sliced mushrooms and saute until just barely golden.
· Add the garlic and saute for an additional minute.
· Pour in the white wine and reduce by half.
· Add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Simmer the sauce for another minute before adding the cheese.
· Stir until the cheese is completely combined, then taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
· Boil the fresh pasta for 2 minutes, drain well, and then add to the sauce in the saute pan. Simmer for a minute and then serve with additional cheese over the top, if desired.
Contributed by Rachel Bradley-Gomez