- 1 pound Brussel sprouts, stem end trimmed off
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Melgarejo Arbequina (or your choice of medium intensity EVOO with little bitterness)
- 1 T Lemon Agrumato (fused) olive oil
- 2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- Freshly grount pepper to taste
- Shave or slice the Brussel sprouts as thinly as possible. This can be done on a mandolin, using the slicing disk of a food processor, or simply by using a very sharp knife coupled with decent knife skills.
- In a large saute pan, heat the arbequina olive oil over medium-high heat. Begin by sauteing the shallots until they just begin to caramelize on the edges.
- Add the shaved brussel sprouts and saute, stirring frequently until they are just barely softened, and begin to caramelize on the edges a bit.
- Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, and toss well to combine.
- Serve drizzled with the fused lemon olive oil and shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Serves 6 as a side
Reprinted from Rachel Bradley-Gomez