For the marinade:
· 1/3 cup fig balsamic vinegar
· ½ cup orange juice
· ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
· 2 garlic cloves, crushed
· 1 lb. flank steak, or steak of your choice
For the Salad:
1/2 red pepper, sliced thin
Toasted sliced almonds
Your favorite Asian dressing (try Oli+Ve sesame oil mixed with honey ginger balsamic)
· Mix the marinade together in a ziploc bag big enough to hold your steak as well.
· Add steak and let marinate overnight in the fridge.
· Remove from marinade (and discard the marinade).
· Grill or broil your steak until desired doneness.
· Once the steak is done, let the steak rest for 5 minutes. Then slice on the diagonal.
Mix your salad greens and toppings. Assemble your salads – and top with dressing.
Submitted by: Kimberly Campbell Recipe adapted from The Charming South Kitchen