* 2lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, butterflied, tails removed, patted dry
* 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
* ½ cup Oli + Ve EVOO (any single varietal or experiment with our Eureka Lemon Oil, Basil Oil or our Milanese Gremolata for added flavor)
* 6 small garlic cloves, peeled
* 1 cup dry white wine
* 4 cups crushed Italian plum tomatoes
* 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
* 1/8-1/4+ fresh oregano
* Dried red-pepper flakes to your palate
* Salt and pepper to taste
Dredge shrimp in flour, patting them to make sure that all sides are well coated.
Heat oil in a large saute’ pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot but not smoking, add shrimp and saute’ for 1 minute. Stir in garlic and saute’ for an additional minute or until shrimp are just beginning to brown (do not crowd pan, do not burn garlic; prepare shrimp in batches, if necessary). Remove from heat and drain off all excess oil. Set shrimp aside and keep them warm.
Return pan and garlic to medium-high heat. Stir in wine, oregano, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 full minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in basil and shrimp and cook for 3 minutes. Remove garlic cloves. Serve over pasta.
Serves 4 well