- 1 Loaf of Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 c. Celery, chopped
- 1/2 c. Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. Carrots, chopped
- 1/2 c. Mushrooms
- 2 c. Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 T Dried Sage
- 1/2 t. Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place bread slices on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, turning each piece halfway through.
- Cut bread slices into cubes
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add celery, onion, carrots and mushrooms. Saute 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, sage, thyme, salt and pepper to above mixture. Remove from heat and add cubed bread.
- Spray a non-stick casserole dish and spoon in above mixture
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Courtesy of Kathleen Crim (RD, LD)